Friday, June 8, 2012

Spur of the Moment trip to St. Pete (Gulfport Florida)D

This week was a bit of a rollercoaster.
I had a friend/business associate  come into town.   We have been discussing my re-location to Florida.  Gulfport Florida to be exact.   He has a restaurant/bar  investment property that he is looking to acquire... as well as looking to acquire this DIVA...  (hehe)  The opportunity is valid and I wanted to get the ball rolling.

He came up and stayed the day at work with me..  My boss at EZ's  felt threatened all day.. The end result (due to the short vision of the owner of EZ's)  I am now in Florida enjoying a Rum Runner at Sea Hags  with Vince, looking on Craigs List for a new job in Indianapolis.

Looked at the property here... Fantastic potential.... just time and money and this one is a jewel.. Captive audience, local law school.. my food, great drinks and good bar tenders... thats the ticket!


oh - Back to Sea Hags... great burger... Vince says best around.. .if so... they will LOVE my 1/2 lb burger...
Especially the Mushroom Swiss
****recipe Alert! *****
8oz of 80/20 ground beef.  
Kosher Salt, Lawrys Season Salt,Onion granuals, (mix and dash on each side of patty.)
Grill... ok - now grilling ground beef - I like it rare... or cooked slow to finish.. so to keep it from burning keep a spray bottle of water... spritz burger until your desired doneness.   Check well done ness by the moisture run (clear is well).  or the firmness.. don't move  well done... still wigglie medium (very wigglie - rare)
Mushroom of choice - Add mushroom and light spoon of beef base to a sautee pan.   mix 1 tsp corn starch and 1/4 cup water...  add to the mushrooms. lightly salt.. stir till the sauce sticks to the mushrooms.

Put slice of swiss on the burger... add the mushrooms.  bun and done.


Heading to the next port of culinary call... let's see if I can make this my job...  I LOVE IT!..
Search for crab I believe...
Diva OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment