Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Today we rise!

In truth, I must start with Sunday.
- late afternoon. Doing laundry - it is my job after all.
- Andrew Johnson - son of Jeff & Donna Johnson, Screams to a sleeping mother, " The Toilet is exploding.... What do I do!"
- Mom quickly replies - "What DID you do?"

Truth - not his fault... MINE>

It seems that when the septic tank is full, running the rinse cycle on the washer causes all kinds of havoc. So, the "havoc" was ALL OVER THE BATHROOM. We coated the floors with pool towels and prayed it would stop. It did. The ebb subsided and we were able to achieve clear water!.. Hazzah!

BUT WAIT! -
- Fast forward Monday morning. 5 am.. Mom does am chores.. starts Laundry - Leaves for work.
- Frantic voice on phone " MOM IT'S EXPLODING AGAIN!... we covered the floor with towels but it is 2" deep and BLACK with CHUNKS!" to quote Star Trek Undiscovered Country.. Wreak Havoc and let loose the Hounds....
shit
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I ran (drove) home. Took the kids to school, and returned to face the issues, and I do mean ISSUES all over the house. We had a touch of stomach flu this past weekend. Not bad. Alex mostly. The house was rank! The water had absorbed. NOW WHERE ARE THE RUBBER GLOVES..
Not Here.... AH - Plastic wrap and my manicure gloves - that will work.

No ... not really

After an agitated 2 hour battle, the "issues" had been removed.
Now mind you - Jeff, my adoring hubby, is in Michigan on a well deserved fishing trip. I do not fault him for not being here. But I do not know who to call. DADDY!~ oops - it's only 645 am in Crown Point.. sorry dad. But - we don't think I need to pump the septic.

Visit home at 2pm proves that Dad isn't Always right, call back - "Hi mom- can I talk to dad..... No DAD.. . I love you mom, but I NEED Dad." (OOH - just realized I don't call Dad enough just to talk... only when I NEED Dad. Make note to rectify activity.) "Dad, it happened AGAIN! "
"Now wait Daughter... is the water softener running?" ooops - didn't give that info before.
"Yep."
"You've got to call Cecil and have the septic drained.. I'm going back to work.. Love ya - have fun... hehehe." (i get my humor from my dad)

So - I have now a phone call to make. Cecil's Septic cannot help me until sometime tomorrow morning.... Tuesday... when I have to be at a very over priced doctors appointment. I now have another phone call to make. Cancelled. - Rescheduled... cost .$50.00! ooh.

Now, Kids have to be where? - Andrew Dr Appt. 2:30 Alex baseball 4:45, Andrew Football conditioning 6:00, Alex's game to watch 5:30 - 7, 4H Bunnies at 7 for Andrew & Alex, Pick up Andrew from Football Conditioning 7:30... Do Homework, Feed them Something, Pick up Alex & Anna from Bunnies, Drop at Someones house because WE CAN'T USE THE WATER!!!!

Wow, too bad Fish aren't biting for Jeff.. I hope they start soon.

Kids - done! How - I DON'T KNOW!

Now - Sleep.
- know that your nose is supposed to go to sleep. MINE DOESN'T! All I can smell is ....!
I finally passed out about 2. up at 6 - Dogs need out. Dogs need to have snack. Dogs need to play. Mommy's home.. let's make her crazy. Tennis Ball, Tennis Ball, Tennis Ball, Squirrel!

No Sleep.

Cecil called. Be there at 9:30...
1/2 hr later... Um .. maam - this isn't working.. It WAS full.. but it is backedup. Give ME 240.00 and I will send some one else to fix the rest.

11:00... Hi, we are here to auger your pipes... OK. - that is going to be 380.00, and you need a turtleneck on the septic tank, that will be 480, but since we did all the other work we will do it for 380.00.
Money 2
I paid, and paid, and then Jeff called, I got his check book and HE paid!

Then the final clean happened.

Steam Mopping will kill all bacteria. It is quick drying, and it picks up everything...
.... EVERYTHING.. then it makes it into microscopic poop scented water droplets and sends them all over the house. - and speaking of all over the house... HOW exactly do you get poop water out of an a/c vent? I used the wet/dry vac.. towels on sticks, sponges... ? ? ?
Am I destin to smell the reconstituted bodily excretions for the rest of my LIFE!

I am off to dollar store for candles and air freshner.. bleach and rubber gloves..
. . . . . . .always keeping rubber gloves.

and, btw... the fish still aren't biting. Fishing









No comments:

Post a Comment